[platform-dev] Windows XP and OS X 10.7 in Kepler ?

Hi,

I'm looking at Eclipse Kepler plan [1] and just noticing that Windows XP (afaics the second biggest OS by user-count) is crossed out and no mention of OS X 10.7 (only OS X 10.8 even OS 10.7 has about as high usage as 10.8).

Are these just missing from here because of lack of access to testing on this platform at eclipse.org or does it also mean issues related to these specific platforms will not be considered ?

This is mainly concerning Windows XP which got some quirks compared to Windows 7 and OS X 10.7 with respect to how JavaVM's and SWT Browser is handled.

My assumption is that if we find issues and can help test it they can be fixed; but I just wanted to make sure of the ramifications since this is the first time
I've seen Eclipse drop support for such a widely used OS as Windows XP.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/eclipse_project_plan_4_3.xml#target_environments

/max

Back to the top