Re: [platform-dev] J2SE 1.4 Execution Environment

John-

You are right again, once you install the environment descriptions there aren't any additional steps (and there are no *.ee files).  I am able to browse to either a project properties page or the workbench properties page and under Plug-in Development -> API Errors/Warnings it lists the execution environment descriptions installed.

However, there still seems to be an issue.  The problem comes down to the preference in .settings -> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.prefs :
   org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PREF_STRICTLY_COMPATIBLE_JRE_NOT_AVAILABLE=error

If I change 'error' to 'warning' the compile errors go away.  If I add a JDK1.5 the compile errors go away.

Is this a bug in the org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PREF_STRICTLY_COMPATIBLE_JRE_NOT_AVAILABLE preference?  (that it doesn't read the valid environment descriptions)

Thanks,

JD