Re: [platform-dev] Is there really *zero* compatibility issues between Indigo and Juno ?

Hi Max,

The Eclipse project migrated to Git. That pointer refers to our old CVS location. If you find links like that, please let us know where the links are so we can fix them. I believe there are zero known compatibility problems between 3.7 and 3.8 releases. However the Juno release contains Platform version 4.2, which certainly has some known compatibility issues. Here is the closest pointer I can come up with for Git:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.common.git/plain/bundles/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/porting/4.2/incompatibilities.html?h=R4_HEAD

John

Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/16/2012 08:42 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform general developers list."        <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[platform-dev] Is there really *zero* compatibility issues between        Indigo and Juno ?

Hi,

At JBoss Tools we are looking at seeing if we can stay compatible between Indigo and Juno and normally
we use
http://wiki.eclipse.org/New_Help_for_Old_Friends_VII and http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/porting/3.8/incompatibilities.html?revision=1.1&view=co
to help us.

But opposite all the other years the latter is empty.

Is this really true ? :)

/max