[platform-dev] problems with the workspace handling in RCP/Eclipse

Dear Eclipse RCP people,

we are developing a product based on RCP and eclipse. We have some problems with the workspace handling:

·         When starting the product the first time: it doesn’t ask the user to choose the workspace. Instead it takes a default workspace : ./workspace.

·         When use the function “switch workspace”, it does restart eclipse and add the entered workspace to the workspaces I can select on ”switch workspace”, but it does not switch the workspace :(

I tried a lot of things to solve this:

·         -data @noDefault, to force the product to ask the user for a workspace, but it does not work (errorlog1)

·         Set the workspace when the product is starting (code2) this is working, but it’s not a nice solution

·         Many other things without any positive result.

What to do?

·         Maybe using a different application super class or interface.

·

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Nico Stieler