[platform-dev] Inconsistent State - Dependency shows up in Web App Libraries, but does not show up in EE Module Dependencies list

Hi,

I have a web project Project A.
There are plug-in dependencies P1, P2, P3.
P1 depends on P2. P3 has no dependencies.
Web Project A needs P1, and P3 .. so indirectly it requires P2 as well.

All projects, A, P1, P2, and P3 are present in the same workspace.
I added P1, P2, and P3 as project references to A.
Then I went to the Java EE module dependencies of A, and selected P1, P2, and
P3 as required utility projects.
Based on this Web App Libraries  for A gets populated.

I check this in to SVN, and on a fresh checkout, I find something strange
happens.
In the Java EE Module Dependencies, I find P2, and P3 are missing. P1 is
present and  checked. However under Web App Libraries, I find all three are
present i.e P1, P2, and P3.
Also under Project references I find all three clicked.

How is this inconsistent state possible? i.e. Only if I chose the utility
projects P2, and P3, should they show up under Web App libraries list. However
that is not the case here. This behaviour occurred after I checked in and
checked out the code  in a different location.

I want to learn the rationale of Web App Libraries, and EE module dependencies.
Can anyone explain to me, which file/project setting is causing this
inconsistent state.

Regards,
Kalpana

Back to the top