RE: [platform-dev] Newbie Pluging Fragment Load Debug

Hello Rostic,

First of all, there are a number of ways to check your
configuration... how did you determine that the "fragment
is not in the plugins list"?
  - Help > About > Configuration Details
  - Window > Show View > PDE Runtime > Plug-in Registry
Right-click/Enable advanced operations, then you can manually
enable/start plugins.

I've seen something similar to what you describe when the
fragment's host plugin was either not available or had
a different version or the platformFilter of the fragment
would not match. That's the things I'd check first (by
looking at your fragment's MANIFEST.MF and by dbl checking
the fragment's host plugin). There's also some more tricky
ways of not letting some fragment into the configuration
(maybe related to features, products and OSGi config.ini).

For debugging, there is the OSGi console (-console) but
I haven't used it personally so far.

HTH, and let me know when you find out what's been wrong :-)

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm