[platform-dev] Newbie Pluging Fragment Load Debug

Hi,

I am writing my first plugin fragment for Eclipse (Ganymede), and running into the following issue:
My fragment works great when running it in the test Eclipse instance.  However, when I try to deploy it to my own workbench in order to actually use it, it does not get loaded (not in the plugins list & the functionality is missing).  I tried dropping the jar into both the "dropins" and "plugins" directory.  I have enabled debug at the command line with the -debug, did -clean and tried numerous other options.  The plugin name is not ever mentioned in the .log file, nor are there any exceptions related to loading it. When I look at the system-level file access information for Eclipse, I see that my plugin jar DOES get read by the Eclipse process.  I have not yet found a way to get more logging/debugging information from Eclipse in order to further debug the issue.  QUESTION: How do I get more info from Eclipse?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rostic

Back to the top