Re: [platform-dev] Problem porting to Mac

Alvar,

It is not possible to use Apple's 64 bit Java 1.6 VM with Apple's 32 bit carbon libraries. Since there is neither a 32 bit Java 1.6 VM, nor a 64 bit port of Carbon, the only work around available to you at the moment is to use Java 5.

We're in the process of porting SWT to Cocoa which is compatible with Apple's 64 bit VMs.
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/cocoaport.php

Kevin

Inactive hide details for "Alvar Mercade" <alvar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Alvar Mercade" <alvar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          "Alvar Mercade" <alvar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/29/2008 05:02 AM

          Please respond to
          "Eclipse platform general developers list." <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[platform-dev] Problem porting to Mac
      Hi!

      I’m Àlvar Mercadé. At work I’m doing the port of a design application based on Eclipse RCP which is written in Java 1.6. I’ve installed the Java Update for our Mac Mini with Leopard and I have put Java 1.6 as the default JavaVM in the “Java Preferences.app”. When I try to launch the application it show a window “JVM terminated” then shows error code = -1 and finally the list of parameters of the virtual machine. Also I have tried to put in the Info.plist file inside startup.app this line:
      This line is placed between the <array> tag an the </array> tag at the end of the file. Also I have tried to launch the application from a Unix terminal and it shows the same window but in the terminal it says:
              _NSJVMLoadLibrary: NSAddLibrary failed for /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Libraries/libjvm.dylib
              JavaVM FATAL: Failed to load the jvm library.
        Anybody knows what is happening ??

        Thanks for your attention.