[platform-dev] View Not Shown in Action.run()

Hi Alles,

I am new and wondering whether I could get help here. I have an Action. I want that by Clicking it would cause several instances of a View to show. However, using IWorkbenchPage.showView(...) did not bring up the view. The program seemed to skip it and continue to run the code after the showView() (e.g., System.out.println(...) or Thread.sleep()) after the showview statement. If I inserted a MessageBox after the showView() statement. The IWorkbenchPage.showView() then displayed the view. Why do I need a MessageBox to have the view shown? Can I show the view without the MessageBox? Any help please?

Ben