Re: [platform-dev] enabling spell checking on a multipage editor

Please ask on the eclipse.platform newsgroup and not on the mailing lists.

Dani

             "Mathieu Avoine"
             <avoinemt@gmail.c
             Sent by:                  platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-dev-boun                                          cc
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-dev] enabling spell
             24.05.2007 15:10          checking on a multipage editor

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  general
             developers list."
             <platform-dev@ecl
                 ipse.org>

Hi everyone,

I'd like to enable spell checking for a multipage editor in a plugin I'm
developing. I couldn't find valuable information on how to do that, if it's
possible of course. I see that there is an extension (
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.spellingEngine) that looks like it
could do the thing, but I did not find so far how to enable it in my
editor. I also would like to know if there is a default implementation
(other than that of org.eclipse.jdt because it only works for Java classes
right?) that could suit the needs of an "almost plain text" editor.

I'd appreciate some pointers. Thanks a lot!
Math