Re: [platform-dev] Hiding certain portions of text

My apologies.

Donny

On 4/19/07, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please ask on the newsgroup.

Dani

             "Donny Kurniawan"
             <donny.kurniawan@
             gmail.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-dev-boun                                          cc
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-dev] Hiding certain
             19.04.2007 07:23          portions of text

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  general
             developers list."
             <platform-dev@ecl
                 ipse.org>

Hello,

I want to create an editor that can hide certain portions of text.
For example: I want to hide all comments in a C program.

printf("1");
// Hide Me A
printf("2");
// Hide Me B
printf("3");

I just want to hide the comments in the file without actually removing
the comments in the underlying file.

I know it's possible since Eclipse Text Folding / Projection is able
to do hide/show portions of the document.

Browsing the APIs, I found about ITextViewer.setVisibleRegion(int
start, int length). Is there a similar method that accepts an array of
text regions?

If it's not supported by the Eclipse Text infrastructure, what is the
best way to implement this?

Thanks,
Best regards.