[platform-dev] Hiding certain portions of text

Hello,

I want to create an editor that can hide certain portions of text.
For example: I want to hide all comments in a C program.

printf("1");
// Hide Me A
printf("2");
// Hide Me B
printf("3");

I just want to hide the comments in the file without actually removing
the comments in the underlying file.

I know it's possible since Eclipse Text Folding / Projection is able
to do hide/show portions of the document.

Browsing the APIs, I found about ITextViewer.setVisibleRegion(int
start, int length). Is there a similar method that accepts an array of
text regions?

If it's not supported by the Eclipse Text infrastructure, what is the
best way to implement this?

Thanks,
Best regards.

Back to the top