[platform-dev] Problem with RCP and external jar files

Here is my problem :

I have 3 projects open within eclipse. A RCP application, some common java code and a 3rd
project which wraps external jar files into a plugin. One of the jar files wrapped within that plugin
is common.jar which I build outside of eclipse from the common java code.
The dependencies pane of my RCP application shows that my external jar files plugin
is listed as a required plugin for my RCP application

I have added a new method to one of the classes within the common java code project.
The static method RemoveLoggers() was added to the class Logger.java

I rebuilt my common.jar file and reimported it as an archive file into my external jar files project.
I changed some code in my RCP application to call Logger.RemovedLoggers().

I noticed that when I use the package explorer to browse my external jar files project and
locate Logger.class and double click Logger.class, the java source code is displayed
in the editor but this java source code does not contain the new method I added - RemoveLoggers()

When I launch my RCP application from within eclipse (by clicking launch on the MANIFEST.MF Overview pane)
the application works as expected and is able to successfully call Logger.RemoveLoggers()
However when I use my product definition to export my RCP application to the local file system I get
errors about the non-existant method Logger.RemoveLoggers().

What do I need to do to ensure that my RCP application uses the latest version of the external jar files
plugin ?

It seems to me that eclipse is caching an old version of Logger.class somewhere which does not contain
the new method RemoveLoggers()

I did try to shutdown eclipse, delete my configuration files/folders and restart eclipse but to no avail

any help you can provide is much appreciated.

John.
John Carroll
Advisory Software Engineer
Tivoli Software