Re: [platform-dev] URLClassLoader in Plugins

platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/08/2006 09:52:12 PM:

> Hi, I have a question about the URLClassLoader. I'm working on a
> plugin that loads classes with the URLClassLoader. The class that
> loads the external jars with the class loader runs fine when I run
> it from the console, but when my plugin tries to run the same code
> no luck. The clases are not loaded. I'm not very familier with the
> URLClassLoader. Is there something in my plugin that I need to set
> to allow it to load classes?

This is more appropriate for the newsgroups ...
http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/ eclipse.platform (they're also available
on eclipsezone)

Plugins have their class loading controlled by the OSGi framework, so in
the MANIFEST.MF things like Bundle-ClassPath and Require-Bundle ...
depending on what you are doing with your classes that might be causing
your problem.

Try the newsgroups.

PW

Back to the top