Re: [platform-dev] How do I build the eclipse sdk from CVS?

Typically the SDK is not built manually.  Instead, just the native fragments are compiled on the target platform (SWT and optionally org.eclipse.core.filesystem), and checked into CVS.  Then, a single eclipse build mechanism runs against CVS to build the SDK for all platforms. If you haven't already done so, I suggest contacting platform-swt-dev with your contribution and they can go through the contribution process with you. To submit a platform patch for the org.eclipse.core.filesystem plugin, please enter a bug report against Platform Resources, including any patches to the native source or make files, and attach the compiled native.

Ben Staniford <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/04/2006 05:59 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform general developers list."

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-dev] How do I build the eclipse sdk from CVS?

Hi there,

A while ago I ported the Eclipse 3.1 SDK(+ the native SWT bits) onto the
Solaris X86_64 platform.  I'd really like to submit these changes back
to the Eclipse CVS and so I was trying to work out how to patch my
changes into a current CVS snapshot.  However, I can't work out how to
actually build Eclipse from the CVS?  It seems to be all split up into
different packages.  Is there a way of taking lots of packages from CVS
and turning them into a buildable SDK?  What's the best way to do this?

Kind Regards,

Ben Staniford.
--
Ben Staniford