[platform-dev] Need info on -debug and .options usage

Hello,

            I need to launch eclipse in debug mode and want to put breakpoint for the below eclipse class

org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.actions.OpenWorkspaceAction.java ==è Line # 122 or method (private String buildCommandLine(String workspace)). I tried launching eclipse in debug mode with command “eclipise.exe – debug “. But the control did not stop @my breakpoint on the desired operation (Switch WorkSpace). I could not make out the usage from below eclipse help doc. Could anybody explain with example and the format/contents of “.options” file.

Eclipse doc

-debug [options file] (OSGi)

equivalent to setting osgi.debug to [options file] or the empty string to simply enable debug (i.e., if the options file location is not specified)

Thanks in advance

Chethan

Siebel
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Visit www.siebel.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.

Back to the top