[platform-dev] Project Files on WebDav Mount

I'm running Windows XP that mount an Apache 2 WebDav directory using
netdrive.  It's mounted as drive V: in Windows.

I created the project by selecting drive V:, which already contains some
files and directories.  It seems to import ok, and then I can browse/read
files.

However, when I change and then save the file, Eclipse 3.1 says:

Resource is out of sync with the file system: /project/file/path

Eclipse then says that the file on the file system has changed, and asks if
I want to reload the changes.

Apache 2 reports this error:

[Sat Jul 30 21:28:10 2005] [error] [client 66.65.56.20] Property is
read-only.  [409, #201]

Any ideas on what the problem could be?  Looking up the Apache error doesn't
help much.

My main goal is to use a project on a remote server.  It's very often that
development needs to happen on a remote server.  I've also looked for SFTP
support in Eclipse 3.1 (SFTP is what I typically use with UltraEdit) but it
doesn't look to be well supported in Eclipse.

Any other tips on working remotely would be appreciated as well.

---
Hans Zaunere
President, Founder
New York PHP