RE: [platform-dev] Question about perspective customization.

hi john

try this: (in xml-file)

	<!-- hook global key bindings -->
	<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.commands">
		<category
			description="Your Plugin Shortcuts"
			id="someID"
			name="someName"/>
	    <command
            description="Starts my plugin"
            name="Start Plugin"
            categoryId="sameID"
            id="sameID.someID2"/>
        <keyBinding
            contextId="org.eclipse.ui.globalScope"
            command="sameID.sameID2"
            string="Shift+Ctrl+P"

configuration="org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration"/>
	</extension>

remark: command must be the same as defind in actionset

good luck, Dany