From: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Barnes
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:08 PM
To: Eclipse platform general developers list.
Subject: Re: [platform-dev] Hyperlinks in eclipse-console.

Dany
The easiest solution would be to use 3.1. MessageConsole now has an
addHyperlink() method.
Unfortunately, there is no way to add hyperlinks to a MessageConsole in
3.0.x and there's no way to create your own
org.eclipse.debug.ui.console.IConsole. The only implementation of that
interface is ProcessConsole and it is an internal class.
Kevin

< Dany.Benz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/12/05 11:53 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse platform general developers list."

<platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-dev] Hyperlinks in eclipse-console.

Hi,
i have the following task:
Hyperlinks in the Console to open ANY (*.xml, *.xls, *.html...) files
directly in eclipse by
simply clicking on it. (like the Console-Links form exceptions).
My Problem:
I can only use a IConsole in (org.eclipse.ui.console.IConsole)
       MessageConsole mc = new MessageConsole("New Console", null);
but for this console it seems that there exist no possibilites to add
Hyperlinks.

I would like to work with (org.eclipse.debug.ui.console.IConsole)

but I cannot cast the
org.eclipse.ui.console.IConsole   to
org.eclipse.debug.ui.console.IConsole
I also cannot just create a new org.eclipse.debug.ui.console.IConsole
and cannot get a stream from the new console like before: stream =
mc.newMessageStream();

how can I solve this problem? please help me....
platform-dev mailing list
platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx