Re: [platform-dev] Intro page

you are correct, only a page that has an <anchor id=".." /> defined has declared that it accepts configExtensions.
Rationale: the designer of a given intro page decides whether or not a page can be extended, no ad-hoc contributions.
The platform root page has no anchors, and so is fixed.
Having said that, this does not mean that this is ideal. We can add anchors to open up the root page. But the idea was that you are contributing to the SDK platform and, staying with the theme of that product, you need to contribute to the child pages.

Please open a defect is you see fit, and continue this discussion in the platform newsgroup.

Mazen.

Aparup Banerjee <aparup@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/23/2005 04:34 PM

Please respond to
platform-dev

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-dev] Intro page

Is there any way , by which I can extend the root intro page which
comes with the SDK.
I want to add some more icons basically some action links to the root
intro page.
I tried by using org.eclipse.ui.intro.configExtension, but It seems it
allows to add extension content to only those intro pages which have
anchor defined, like tutorial , overiview etc.

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aparup