Re: [platform-dev] using lex/yacc files for syntax highlighting

On Monday 17 January 2005 04.37, Chet Murphy wrote:
> However, a full parser is useful for building a content tree view and
> for code completion for an editor. A full parser could also be used to
> provide an auto indent capability.

exactly my line of thinking !

Since I am writing the scanner/parser for the real compiler anyway, what extra
do I need to do to get it integrated into an eclipse editor ?

When I was briefly looking at the Java editor, I saw a lot of abstract syntax
tree code. I guess there must already be some code in eclipse that can be
reused. Using lex/yacc it would be fairly easy to create a tree structure
from the source code.

when looking at the samle editor that comes with the eclipse sdk, there seems
to be a completely different infrastructure in place for syntax hl, and
completion etc. So what I had in mind was to use the lex/yacc input files to
generate the necessary java code. Does that sound doable ?

> Chet
Henrik

Back to the top