[platform-dev] running eclipse 2.1.x with jdk 1.4.2 on MacOS/X

Hi all,

I want to run Eclipse 2.1.3 on MacOS/X 10.3 witj the 1.4.2 JDK instead of the predefined 1.3.1.
Is this possible?

I need this because I want to run some plugins that don't seen to work with the 1.3.1 (they use the method split() on String, which is new since 1.4). And running the plugins on Eclipse 3 doesn't work either, apparently because of some Eclipse UI classes being moved to different packages.

Thx.

P.S. I know how to change the version in the .plist file, but it crashes...

Back to the top