Re: [platform-dev] Slow cvs operation after upgrading to 3.0M6

James,

I just did a quick stopwatch test and found that both 2.1 and 3.0 M6 Synchronized in about the same amount of time (40 seconds for 5 projects on dev.eclipse.org using extssh connection method). Can you give more details about the configuration you are using and the timings you are getting. Also, in 3.0 it is actually possible to get faster sync times if a repository supports read-only pserver access. If you create both a location that uses extssh and one that uses pserver, you can set the extssh location to use the pserver location for reads. This can be set in the Properties dialog for a location available from the context menu of the Repositories view.

Michael

klute <soundres9@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

14/01/2004 04:18 PM

Please respond to
platform-dev

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-dev] Slow cvs operation after upgrading to 3.0M6

Hello All,

I just upgraded to Eclipse 3.0M6 from 2.1 (I think)
and while generally I am very happy with it, I noticed
that   'Synchronize with Repository' operation is
*extremely* slow. Several developers here upgraded and
observed the same issue.. Is there a remedy to this? I
really don't want to have to downgrade to the prev
version..

Thanks a lot,
James