[platform-dev] Why my Eclipse on linux slower than on Windows?

Hi there. The first time that i use mailing list and i don't know
whether posting my newbie questions like this is a proper way... So if
this mail seems anoying, please accept my appologies...

My question is: why Eclipse runs much slower on my Linux platform
(Debian distribution) than it does on WinXP? The Debian platform is