Re: [platform-dev] SWT no more OS handlers Exception - Windows XP

It's not the tree items that need to be disposed, but the images.  Disposing a widget does not automatically dispose any fonts or images used in that widget, since these resources can be shared between multiple widgets.  There are several articles on eclipse.org on this subject.  Also search for a tool called "sleak" that detects resource leeks in SWT apps.
--

"Hasith Yaggahavita" <hasithy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/26/2003 11:22 PM

Please respond to
platform-dev

<platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-dev] SWT no more OS handlers Exception - Windows XP

Hi,

In loading a large row set several times on to a TableViewer instance using setInput() method, I get a fatal error indicating no more OS handlers exist. The stack trace is:

Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
Reason:
No more handles
A fatal error happened while informing the user about a fatal error.
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
           at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2358)
           at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2262)

As a solution I tried calling dispose() method of each and every TableItem before calling the setInput() method with new input. But that doesn’t help.

Google doesn’t say much about this Exception either.

Any idea on this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hasith

Back to the top