RE: [platform-dev] Reuse of Workspace

JS,

There is an article on the eclipse site that explains how to upgrade eclipse without destroying your existing workspaces.  I forget where exactly, but I used it during my upgrade from 1.0 to M2...

If your upgrading to F2 using a different base directory, then you'll have to use Mariano suggestion of the -data command line parameter.  Incidentally, I have lots of different workspaces...actually I view them as projects.  For Windows I just create a shortcut and adjust the command line as -data d:\projects\java\myprj.  On my Linux box, I just setup a small one-line shell script ... "eclipse -data /home/me/projects/java/myprj &".

hth,

Adym Lincoln
Edgewater Technology, Inc.
Phone: (603) 644-2445, 7261
Fax: (603) 669-8330

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson