[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[platform-debug-dev] Should cloned views show up in 'Show View' menu?
- From: Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:16:42 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: Ac0m294fbgbXDxukRv6felWJd4PXMA==
- Thread-topic: Should cloned views show up in 'Show View' menu?
I just noticed that if I clone a debug view (registers, expressions or variables, maybe memory),
and then use the 'Window->Show View' menu, there will be multiple entries for the view type,
one for each opened view. So, you can end up with 3 or 4 or 10 entries in the menu for
"Variables" (for example).
Is this intentionally?
My knee-jerk reaction was that it was a bug, but I've checked and see this behavior
in 3.7 as well.
Note that I can see this using 3.8, but not 4.2, as there is a bug in 4.2 that has the entire
menu empty currently; but I suspect once that bug is fixed, the same situation will
be visible in 4.2 (http://bugs.eclipse.org/378035).