[platform-debug-dev] Threads Debug

Hi all,
I'm federico Mieres. I'm currently colaborating in the development of a testing tool for java and I'm doing some research about multi thread testing. I've been working with JPDA, and in particular with the Trace class that comes with jdk tools. What I want is to pause a thread execution whenever I need, but of course this class has some limitations. I'm pretty sure Eclipse doesn't use the class I mentioned before. I wonder if anyone could give me some tips about the Eclipse debugger. I'm very interested in knowing how that wonderful 'step into' and 'step over' work.
Thanks in advance!
Federico

--
phx