IBM Toronto Laboratory
8200 Warden Ave, Markham, Canada, L6G 1C7
Tel: 905.413.2766 Email: jinzih@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Pawel Piech ---21/03/2011 05:13:00 PM---Hi Jinzi, Breakpoints view has been updated in 3.6 release toPawel Piech ---21/03/2011 05:13:00 PM---Hi Jinzi, Breakpoints view has been updated in 3.6 release to use the flexible

From: Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21/03/2011 05:13 PM
Subject: Re: [platform-debug-dev] About Breakpoints Viewer
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jinzi,
Breakpoints view has been updated in 3.6 release to use the flexible hierarchy viewer. The embedded viewer was not ported because it's intended purpose is for import/export dialog and in this way the lazy loading behavior of the virtual viewer would make it more complicated. For this reason, the embedded viewer will not be able to support the different customizations that are possible with the full breakpoints view.

As an alternative, have you considered creating a new flexible hierarchy view that uses the Breakpoint view's presentation context ID? An example of doing this for the variables view would be the hover inspector in CDT (org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.ui/ExpressionInformationControlCreator.java), or in JDT but I'm not sure where.

Cheers,
Pawel

      We have been working on developing IBM RAD debug component, and for some features we want to reuse breakpoints in the same format as they are listed in breakpoints view. We are wondering if you can set EmbeddedBreakpointsViewer to public?

      Thanks

      Jinzi Huang
      Debug Development - Canada