[platform-debug-dev] How to handle breakpoint notification?

Hi,

I have targets that are not able to modify (delete) the breakpoint state while it is running, I am not sure what the best way to handle this is and any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

I know that I can halt the target before applying the change to the breakpoint, but this intrusiveness will cause undesired expectation for the user, i.e cache flushed, and missing interrupt, etc…. I also tried caching the requests from the platform breakpoint manager, such as Breakpoint Manager Enablement event and remove breakpoint event, etc… However this is not the best, because state is not consistent between the UI and what is on the target.

I think the ideal solution for my case is to be able to disable the breakpoint manager (view) actions and this will prevent the user from changing the breakpoint state when not possible.  I don’t see disabling the actions is possible with the current API, if some one know a better way of handling this issue, please let me know.

Regards,

Patrick

Back to the top