Re: [platform-debug-dev] RetargetRunToLineAction vs RunToLineActionDelegate

> I'm trying to figure out why the platform provides both
>
> RetargetRunToLineAction
> and
> RunToLineActionDelegate

RetargetRunToLineAction is an *internal* class and should not be used by
clients - it implements the retargettable action in the top level Run
menu. The platform provides an API class 'RunToLineActionDelegate' for
clients to contribute to views/editors as an action delegate.

> I'm asking because we have a copied pattern in the CDT and need
> to update it to the plaform latest code, so I'd rather have
> a single class if possible.

You should not need to duplicate the internal code... it simply delegates
to any debuggers that retarget the action by providing IRunToLineTarget
implementations.

Darin

Back to the top