Re: [platform-debug-dev] accessing LaunchConfiguration from a tab

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Darin Wright wrote:
> It turns out that the "initializeFrom(ILanuchConfiguration)" is a working
> copy (you could save it in an instance variable). As well, the
> activated(...)/deactivated(...) methods provide the working copy as a
> parameter (from AbstractLaunchConfigurationTab).

right ... all tabs get handed an indirect copy so that it can sync the
config and the widgets, but i guess that's the only way to get at it ?
 i need to save internally a reference to the LaunchConfiguration in
one of these functions so that my widgets can modify things on the
fly.  i dont think that's what people intended when they wrote the
interface (letting these external references "bleed" in), but if
that's the only way to do it today, i guess that's what i'll do.

should i open an ehancement request in the bugzilla to improve the api
for tabs so that they can access things directly (and "officially" /
"supported") ?
-mike

Back to the top