Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debug View refresh problem with stack frames

Hi Gabriel,
Selection in Debug view is typically triggered only with a suspended event, so your problem seems very interesting. If you are able to reproduce the problem reliably, please turn on tracing for updates: in the launch configuration, select the tracing tab, and in org.eclipse.debug.ui plugin select "debug" and "debug/viewers/delta". Then while the feedback loop is occuring, capture part of the log and post it here. If suspended (or other) events are responsible for this behavior it will be apparent from this trace.
Thanks
Pawel

Gabriel Petrovay wrote:
Hi guys,

I am building a debugger for a plugin and I have a problem with the
Debug View when I break a process and I display the stack frames. Once I
retrieve the stack frames of a thread the Debug View enters in an
infinite loop and continuously selects one frame at a time.

For example, if the Debug View displays the following tree:
Target
 Thread
   Frame1
   Frame2
   Frame3
   Frame4

the there is a Job("children update") that is created in an infinite
loop and each execution of this job alternatively selects one of the
last two frames: Frame4, Frame3, Frame4, Frame3, ......

What am I doing wrong? For now I am just sending a dumb list of 4 frames
which is cached so the frames are the same after the first call.

Thanks!