Re: [platform-debug-dev] verifying bugs

Darin Wright wrote:
I have another question about verifying bugs.
Is there a standard tool for finding the change set for a given bug,

such as

SearchCVS?

We don't have a standard for this. We used to list all modified files
manually - but that can be difficult depending on the fix. If a patch is
present, it is more obvious.

Let us know if you have any suggestions.

In DD (at least for DSF and GDB) we made it a policy to include a patch with every fix.  It's not hard to do when committing a fix, and it saves a lot of time when verifying.  Couple of months ago Martin O. added SearcCVS for DSDP projects, which makes the patches unnecessary though I still find the patches more convenient and we still use them.  One exception being large refactorings or features, where SearchCVS is much more practical than looking at a patch, but I think there's fewer of those in platform debug as it's a mature code base.

Cheers,
Pawel
Thanks,

Darin