Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debugging one jvm with multiple targets

> Thanks for your answer. The debug target in my "custom debugger" is
> an implementation of IJavaDebugTarget. It is similar to
> JDIDebugTarget, however is much simpler, since there is only one
> kind of breakpoint (and a single breakpoint instance if any), no
> hot-code replacement, no filters, no conditions, one data type etc.
> Is this what you would call "a proxy to an IJavaDebugTarget"? Where
> could I read more about "proxying IJavaDebugTarget"?

No - this would not be a proxy. This is a re-implementation of
IJavaDebugTarget (which, by the way, is not intended to be implemented by
clients :-).

There really is no documentation on proxying a java debug target - but I
know that others have done it (i.e. create an implementation of an
IDebugTarget that delegates to a Java debugger, as provided in the SDK).

> ILaunch does accept multiple debug targets, are they intended to be
> for different jvm's?

This is up to you. A launch can contain multiple debug targets and
processes. We do no restrict what they correspond to.

Darin

Back to the top