Re: [platform-debug-dev] 3.4 M6 Testing

Hi Pawel,

Thanks.  It's great to know!  :)

I have updated the test plan with some details for non-Java testing.
Please take a look and let us know what you think.
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/test_plans/test_plan-3.4M6.php

Thanks...
Samantha

             Pawel Piech
             <pawel.piech@wind
             river.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse Platform Debug component
             platform-debug-de         developers list."
             v-bounces@eclipse         <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             .org                                                       cc

                                                                   Subject
             25/03/2008 03:48          Re: [platform-debug-dev] 3.4 M6
             PM                        Testing

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              Debug component
             developers list."
             <platform-debug-d
              ev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The testing for M6 caught me a bit by surprise and I have bunch of other
commitments I need to take care of today and this week, so I only
volunteered to do test the Modules view only at this time.  But I would
like to contribute to the testing effort more broadly in the future.
I think the best value I can bring to the testing is by using non-java
debuggers (CDT and/or DSF) though it might be tricky to craft the tests so
that they concentrate on the debug platform features and components.  I
look forward to contributing to the test plans as well as the tests.
Cheers,
Pawel

Darin Wright wrote:
      Hi Pawel,

      Thanks for helping out. We are using the I20080325-0100 build for
      testing.
      It is not p2 enabled, but it is sufficient for the debug test pass.
      We
      test today, identify/fix critical bugs Wednesday/Thursday, and
      validate
      fixes Thursday/Friday.

      Darin Wright

      Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
      03/25/2008 12:44 PM
      Please respond to
      "Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
      <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

      "Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
      <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      cc
      jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject
      Re: [platform-debug-dev] 3.4 M6 Testing

      I would like to help with testing starting with at least the modules
      view.  I would use CDT-GDB to populate the view, though I'm not sure
      how
      I could document that in the test plan.

      BTW, when is the M6 candidate build going to be available for
      testing?

      Cheers,
      Pawel

      Curtis Windatt wrote:

            If there are any community members who are interested in
            helping with

      this,

            or any test plan.  Please respond to the mailing list
            (platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx or jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx).
            We would

      be

            more than happy to help you get started and it is a great way
            to get
            involved in the Eclipse project.

            http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/test_plans/test_plan-3.4
            M6.php