Re: [platform-debug-dev] Colored labels in debug view?

Hi,

> > Is label coloring supposed to be operational in the debug view (3.3)?
> > The general preference have a (red) color configured for "Deadlocked
> > threads an monitors",
> > yet when hitting a deadlock I see no red.
>
> This feature has been manually tested on 3.3 as well as all milestone
> builds in 3.4, and is working as far as we know. You need to suspend the
> entire VM in order for deadlock to be detected (or, at least all threads
> in involved in the deadlock).
Thanks.
So this does look like a bug. I'll try it on some other machines (might
be a gtk-issue?) and enter it to bugzilla..

> > Also, this features looks outdated both in terms of how to configure
> > and in terms
> > of its implementation (using setForeground(Color) rather than
> ColoredString).
>
> ColoredString is not a generally available API class - it is custom
> support used in JDT and Search. The debug views are provided by the
> platform and cannot leverage this support. Until general support is
> available in the platform for multi-colored labels, we use
> #setForeground(...).
thanks again, this was just a guess, and I would have liked
to leverage rich text to display only portions of a label using colors ;-)

regards,
Stephan

Back to the top