Re: [platform-debug-dev] First proposal from the DSDP/DD/Multi-Context sub-group

Thank you Samantha,
I responded to your questions the best I can, and I think we'll need to revisit some of the issues you raised when we have a prototype to play with.
Cheers
Pawel

Samantha Chan wrote:
Hi Pawel,

I also finally looked  at the proposal.  You can find comments here too:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/DD/MultiContext_UnlinkViewContextProposal#Comments

Thanks...
Samantha

             Pawel Piech
             <pawel.piech@wind
             river.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse Platform Debug component
             platform-debug-de         developers list."
             v-bounces@eclipse         <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             .org                                                       cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/10/2007 01:39          Re: [platform-debug-dev] First
             AM                        proposal from the
                                       DSDP/DD/Multi-Context    sub-group

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              Debug component
             developers list."
             <platform-debug-d
              ev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,
Thank you for the comments, I updated the page with responses.  In two
or three weeks I would like to proceed to writing a prototype based on
the proposal, so if you have any more feedback I would greatly
appreciate it.
Cheers
Pawel

Darin Wright wrote:

Thanks Pawel,

I finally had a chance to add some comment and questions to your

proposal:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/DD/MultiContext_UnlinkViewContextProposal#Comments

Darin Wright

Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/10/2007 11:09 PM

Device Debugging developer discussions <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

"Eclipse

Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-debug-dev] First proposal from the DSDP/DD/Multi-Context
sub-group

Hi All,
I mentioned in the last Device Debugging project meeting that I started a

new http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/DD/MultiContext to try to improve the
workflow when debugging multiple cores/processes/threads simultaneously.

finished the draft of the first of two proposals that I plan to write:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/DD/MultiContext_UnlinkViewContextProposal.

Any constructive comments are welcome, but I'm especially looking for
input from the platform group on whether these changes are headed in the
right direction and whether all or some of the changes may be accepted in

the Ganymede time frame.

Cheers,
Pawel

P.S. I will be out of office until September 21st.