[platform-debug-dev] problems with remote debugging on Windows Vista

Hi,

I've strange problem while trying to explore remote debugging
capabilities. I wrote simple application with unfinite loop just for
testing purposes, run Main class from console:

java -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n Main

and trying to get into it with Eclipse debugger. Setup of Eclipse
seems to be straightforward - I put localhost + port number, however I
get error message:

Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused.
Connection refused: connect

Strange is that I'm able to connect with jdb tool:

jdb -connect com.sun.jdi.SocketAttach:hostname=localhost,port=8787

More information: I'm able to connect with jdb only in case I didn't
try to connect with Eclipse before. Otherwise I get also connection
error. If I don't try to connect with Eclipse, I can connect with jdb
as many times as I want. Once I try with Eclipse, jdb no longer can do
it (however application is still up).

As you can see firewall is not an issue, however so be sure I disabled it.

Environment details:
- Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_02-b06, mixed mode, sharing)
- Eclipse Version: 3.3.0, Build id: I20070621-1340
- Windows Vista 32 bit - I don't have other OS so cannot reproduce it
in other environment

Is it a bug or I'm doing something fundamentally wrong?

--
with best regards / z pozdrowieniami

Michal Slocinski
michal.slocinski@xxxxxxxxx