Re: [platform-debug-dev] Custom label providers and column presentations for Variables view

Since there is no API for this stuff yet, there is no way to do this without internal references.

Darin Wright

"Mikhail Khodjaiants" <Mikhail.Khodjaiants@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/16/2007 09:09 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."        <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-debug-dev] Custom label providers and column        presentations for Variables view

Hi,

I am trying to contribute a label provider for the Variables view. To provide a label for a column I need to use the column id which is a member of the internal class - VariableColumnPresentation. The text font name (IInternalDebugUIConstants.VARIABLE_TEXT_FONT) is internal too.

Contributing a column presentation is also problematic. Our (CDT) model is an extension of the Standard Debug Model. We have corresponding interface extensions for IVariable, IValue and IRegister, so I can contribute label providers for them. But the "IndexedVariablePartition" class is internal and the platform controls its creation and presentation. Because my column ids are different I don't get the platform labels for indexed partitions.

Is there a way to do it "legally" without hacking?

Thanks,
Mikhail Khodjaiants
ARM Limited

--

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you._______________________________________________
platform-debug-dev mailing list