Re: [platform-debug-dev] Cause of <terminated> indicator on launches

By default, a launch displays as "<terminated>" if all of its children - targets/processes - are terminated (and it has children). See the code in Launch.isTerminated().

Darin Wright

Mary Kroening <mary@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/03/2006 09:31 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."        <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-debug-dev] Cause of <terminated> indicator on launches

When my launch starts the name is shown properly in the debug view,
but it has the <terminated> indicator on it. The tag does not come
from my DebugModelPresentation as it is never called for the launch,
just for the debug target and thread.

I do not have a process. So I've got
<terminated> launch name
  debug target with 2 gears icon
    my thread with running icon

I do not explicitly terminate the launch object anywhere.

How do I tell Eclipse the launch is running? Or why does it think it
is not (it actually is running).

Thanks,
Mary Kroening
Amzi! inc.