Re: [platform-debug-dev] Detecting variable closing

On Friday 24 November 2006 22:03, Darin Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You should be able to get the tree with something like:
>
>                 IWorkbenchPage page = ...;
>                 IViewPart view = page.findView(IDebugUIConstants.
> ID_VARIABLE_VIEW);
>                 if (view instanceof IDebugView) {
>                         IDebugView debugView = (IDebugView) view;
>                         Viewer viewer = debugView.getViewer();
>                         Control control = viewer.getControl();
>                         if (control instanceof Tree) {
>                                 Tree Tree = (Tree) control;
>                         }
>                 }

I should have being more clear about overriding VariablesView. I know how I
can get to the tree, and how I can install TreeListener on it. However, I
also need to map from tree item to the model item. There's
AsynchronousViewer.findNode that does exactly that. Except that this method
is protected. To call it, I must create a class derived from VariablesViewer,
say CVariablesViewer.  To make CDT use that new class, I must derive from
VariablesView -- say creating CVariablesView, and make CVariablesView create
CVariablesViewer, as opposed of VariablesViewer. But, then, I need some way
to make CDT use CVariablesViewer, instead of VariablesView, and prevent
VariablesView from ever being created in C++ perspectives.

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Volodya

Back to the top