Re: [platform-debug-dev] Detecting variable closing

Currently the debug platform does not explicitly notify clients when items are collapsed or expanded in trees. Please enter a feature request so we can consider this with the flexible hierarhcy/asynch viewer support (see bug 153500). It might be something that could reside on an "element content provider" - i.e. notification that an element has been collapsed.

Darin Wright

Vladimir Prus <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/23/2006 12:20 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."        <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-debug-dev] Detecting variable closing

Hello,

to implement some CDT changes, I would like to detect the moment when a
composite variable in a variable view (for example, for structures) is
collapsed. When that happens, I want to send some command to the underlying
debugger (gdb), so that it does not spend time reading from the target the
values of children of the collapsed variable.

Unfortunately, I could not find the right way and after I've posted to
cdt-dev, it was suggested I ask this question here.

Anybody knows the right way, or can give some pointers?

Thanks in advance,
Volodya