Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debuggers help needed

> 1. I am trying to execute your example itself. When I try to open
> the .pda file I am getting following error
> Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the
> failure: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually
> indicates that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml.
> Exception is
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.debug.examples.ui.pda.
> editor.PDAEditor
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.
> findClass(BundleLoader.java:403) … etc.

It looks like you do not have the example plug-ins in your workspace. A
class not found error indicates that the PDA editor was not on the
classpath. The class name for the example editor is correct. Keep in mind
that the document and examples were written to work with a specific
version of Eclipse as well (3.1, I believe).

> 2. I have an no idea how to write interpreter, Can I reuse your
> Interpreter with minor changes? Do I need to write my own interpreter?

The interpreter is just a simple example that is not intended to be
re-used. We tried to create a simple example to minimize the
details/overhead that is normally present in debug architectures.

Darin Wright

Back to the top