Re: [platform-debug-dev] AsynchronousViewer in JFace?

That's a good point.  I spoke with Michael at about it at length, and he thinks that it could very well be its own plugin, the same way as org.eclipse.ui.cheatsheets, or it could possibly fit in with the data bindings project which has org.eclipse.jface.databinding and org.eclipse.jface.databinding.ui plugins, both of which use org.eclipse.runtime.
Thanks
Pawel

Darin Wright wrote:

Hi Pawel,

I would like to push down the viewer implementation since it is not debug specific. Since we use adapters and progress monitors, etc., it's more than just a "JFace" plug-in though. We'd need a new plug-in that requires the Eclipse runtime support as well. I've mentioned the idea recently to the workbench/JFace teams, and they are considering it.

Darin Wright

Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/17/2006 11:49 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Scharf, Michael" <Michael.Scharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-debug-dev] AsynchronousViewer in JFace?

Hi Darin,
Do you have any plans to contribute the the AsynchronousViewer and
related flexible hierarchy interfaces to JFace?  I know that this
question came up before, but it was a while ago and I think the answer
was "TBD".  I was just speaking with Michael Scharf and he believes that
flexible hierarchy might be very good fit in the RSE viewer (in DSDP/TM
project).  There's probably a lot of other projects that could use this
technology as well.
Thanks
-Pawel