Re: [platform-debug-dev] AsynchronousViewer in JFace?

Hi Pawel,

I would like to push down the viewer implementation since it is not debug specific. Since we use adapters and progress monitors, etc., it's more than just a "JFace" plug-in though. We'd need a new plug-in that requires the Eclipse runtime support as well. I've mentioned the idea recently to the workbench/JFace teams, and they are considering it.

Darin Wright

Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/17/2006 11:49 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Scharf, Michael" <Michael.Scharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-debug-dev] AsynchronousViewer in JFace?

Hi Darin,
Do you have any plans to contribute the the AsynchronousViewer and
related flexible hierarchy interfaces to JFace?  I know that this
question came up before, but it was a while ago and I think the answer
was "TBD".  I was just speaking with Michael Scharf and he believes that
flexible hierarchy might be very good fit in the RSE viewer (in DSDP/TM
project).  There's probably a lot of other projects that could use this
technology as well.
Thanks
-Pawel