[platform-debug-dev] Programmatically adding memory monitor and rendering

Hi,

I am trying to programmatically add a memory monitor and it's rendering. I have written the code that adds the monitor to the memory view, but there is no rendering (user has to select from the rendering dialog).

So, I am now trying to add an appropriate rendering for the monitor. The problem I have is how to find the IMemoryRenderingContainer. I see there is an getmemoryRenderingContainer() method in the AbstractMemoryRendering class, but I am not writing a rendering, I just want to display an existing one!

Another (unrelated) question:

Also, I am using MemoryViewUtil.getmemoryBlockRetrieval (which works) but gives me compilation warnings as it is internal (restricted). Is there any plan to make the useful methods in MemoryViewUtil more publicly available (and therefore stable from change?)

Thanks,
---
Derek
--