Re: [platform-debug-dev] Collapsing register tree or no source updates: pick your poison?

On Friday 26 May 2006 20:01, Ken_Dyck@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> This is a problem for us because we reuse the same stack frame object
> for the entire debug session so the cached object and current one are
> always one in the same object. [1]  It's a hack that we used to prevent
> the register view tree from collapsing every time the program executes,
> which is a real pain for assembly code developers who heavily rely on
> the register view.

IIRC this was covered in the debug platform tutorials at the Eclipse
conference. The trick is to ensure that the corresponding 'before' and
'after' stackframe objects have the same hashcode and match with equals().

-- ach
--
This message is subject to Tao's e-mail terms ( http://e.tao-group.com/1 )

Back to the top