Re: [platform-debug-dev] AsynchronousTreeViewer and IMemoryBlockRetrieval

Hi -

One of the things on my to-do list is to remove the requirement of passing
IMemoryBlockRetrieval object to the tree viewer as the input.  Instead, the
current debug context will be passed as the input to the viewer.  It's up
to the content adapter of that object to retrieve the correct
IMemoryBlockRetrieval and associated memory blocks when asked to populate
the view.  This approach will make the viewer more flexible as any object
can now become the input to the viewer.  It also removes the needs of
making IMemoryBlockRetrieval an IAdaptable.

So, for the modules view, is it possible for your viewer to accept any
object as input.  And then the content adapter of that object will be
responsible for getting the modules?

Thanks...
Samantha

             "Mikhail
             Khodjaiants"
             <mikhailk@xxxxxxx                                          To
             >                         <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             platform-debug-de
             v-bounces@eclipse                                     Subject
             .org                      [platform-debug-dev]
                                       AsynchronousTreeViewer and
                                       IMemoryBlockRetrieval
             12/28/2005 02:49
             PM

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              Debug component
             developers list."

Hi,

An IMemoryBlockRetrieval object is passed to the Memory view's viewer as an
input. This object is required to be an instanceof of IAdaptable to work
with AsynchronousTreeViewer.
The IMemoryBlockRetrieval interface defines a functionality, not a model
object and I am not sure if it is right to make it adaptable.
I implemented the CDT Modules view based on the asynchronous tree viewer,
but I had the same problem - I had to make the object responsible for the
modules retrieval to extend PlatformObject.

Thanks,
Mikhail Khodjaiants
platform-debug-dev mailing list
platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx