RE: [platform-debug-dev] Link to "flexible platformprogress report"slides

Cool.  As long as the platform UI folks are aware of what is going on, I'm cool with that.  I continue to be happy and impressed at how well the various groups in the platform team work together.

-----Original Message-----
From: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Darin Wright
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:43 PM
To: Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list.
Subject: RE: [platform-debug-dev] Link to "flexible platformprogress report"slides

Hi Craig,

I agree, the asynchronous model/view support being developed in the
platform is not debug specific. We intentionally developed it to be
generic enough to be pushed down to the platform. For 3.2, it will remain
as internal API in the debug platform, as we evolve the support and
collect comments/reviews from clients that use it. Ideally we'd like to
see it (or some form of it) be available in JFace in the future (but there
are no specific committments there currently). The workbench team is aware
of the work we are doing.

Darin Wright

"Setera, Craig" <csetera@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/21/2005 12:27 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [platform-debug-dev] Link to "flexible platform progress report"slides

Darin,

The asynchronous model stuff looks very interesting.  Any chance that that
will be moved down into JFace in the future?  It definitely looks generic
enough to use outside the debug platform.

Craig